Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Grass is Greener where you Water it!


I was pondering on the phrase the grass is always greener on the other side the other day. Then I heard a song on the radio...I'm sure it's a popular song but I can't remember the name of it {I think it's sung by Drake?} and it says the grass is greener where you water it.

This is so true. This applies to any relationship in our lives...marriage, friendships, child to parent, ect. You have to "water" your relationship in order to keep it alive. Go on dates with your husband, go on "girl dates" with your friends, do something with your mother or father. Feed and grow that relationship. If you don't, it will die. There is no doubt about it.

The grass may seem greener now, but just wait til you get over there. It's really not, it's a deception! Of course what you can't have is going to look better than a broken marriage or a marriage that has gone loveless. Remember that love is a choice! Speaking from experience, you won't always have those tingly feelings when you're with someone. Especially after you move in with them and the claws come out.

I'm challenging you to feed and grow your relationships. Whether it be a marriage, friendship, parent/child relationship, ect. You will be surprised at what a positive attitude and patience can do for a marriage.

Here are a few resources to help you out if you need it...

1. Love Dare by Alex and Stephen Kendrick
2. 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman
3. Rock Solid Marriage by Kenneth W. Hagin
4. Love at Last Sight by Kerry Shook
5. Building Better Relationships by Bobbie Yagel
6. Friendships for Grownups by Lisa Whelchel
7. Love as a Way of Life by Gary Chapman
8. 5 Languages of Apology by Gary Chapman

{Gary Chapman has TONS of resources on marriage and relationships...here}

p.s. I am by NO MEANS an expert on relationships. I have been through tough ones though and am married so I know a few things that I do to try to help my relationships.

2 comments:

  1. Amen sister! Marriage is hard work sometimes, but it's so worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true!
    I feel like the first year or two was the hardest for us and now we have been married almost 8 years and going strong!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I read every single one and try my hardest to respond back to them all!! I respond by email so make sure you are able to receive replies via email!!! They make my day....really!