Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tutorial Tuesday-Confetti Wall Art


Good Tuesday to ya! I am fully recovered from whatever it was that tried to attack my body yesterday and ready to craft it up with you!

Materials Needed:
1. Canvas (you can get these in any size at any craft store)
2. Mod Podge (Matte is better but don't over use because you can see the extra after it dries)
3. Sponge brush or paint brush
4. Confetti (in your color choice-I found mine at a party store)
5. Paper plate or something to put your mod podge on



Here is a close up of my confetti-purple, blue, greenish yellow, pink, silver


Put some Mod Podge on your plate and use your foam brush to make strokes in the pattern you want. I wanted more of a rain fall look so I put a lot of glue at the top and trickled it down towards the bottom.


Then sprinkle the confetti over the whole canvas. I didn't want to waste any of my confetti since I was making 3 different pieces, so I dumped the excess on to my kitchen table to reuse.


Here is the one of the finished products. The confetti should only stick to the parts that have the glue on them.


This is a close up of the top with the trickle effect.

The three finished pieces for our bedroom. I wanted each one of them to be a different rain pattern. This one is pretty easy as well. Nothing to profound!
you can find my inspiration here

Linking up here....check out the blog hop



Home Stories A2Zmop it up mondays



Somewhat Simple

26 comments:

  1. How cute and creative!

    I would LOVE to to this!

    Thanks for sharing!

    xoxo -Shar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thanks Shar!!!! It's super easy! You should...and I would love to see pictures of the finished product!!

      Delete
  2. Love this craft!!! This would be so cute in my daughters room, I might just have to give it a try ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for some reason it put your comment into my spam folder! weird! I'm so glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  3. I love this cute idea! When I get some free time, I would like to make a few for our bedroom!! Thanks for your DIY Tuesdays, I love them!

    Dani T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dani! I'm glad you enjoy them! You should make them and let me see!!!

      Delete
  4. Love what you made. Looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that looks great! And the confetti is especially pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Rachel!!!! thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! I'm so making this for our bedroom tomorrow! Thanks for sharing :)

    New follower from show and tell link up, would love for you to check out my blog and follow back :) have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mar...it's so easy you will want to make tons of them! :)

    Thanks for stopping by...I will be over to follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful!!! I love it! I'm your newest follower and I’d love for you to share this on Tuesday’s Tidbits at Naptime Delights: http://naptimedelights.blogspot.ca/2012/06/tuesdays-tidbits-6.html

    Thanks!
    Sarah
    {http://www.naptimedelights.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...thanks Sarah. I will definitely be over to share!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! You made it look so easy! Love it! May have to try this one day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It's very very easy! You should try it! :)

      Delete
  12. That is such cute confetti! What a fun project :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a fun project...quite messy but fun! :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. What a cool & creative project. Thanks so much for linking up on Fabulous Friday to Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic idea! Thanks! I can't wait to make these for my place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...so glad you stopped by! If you do post a picture and let me see them!! :)

      Delete
  15. What a fun idea! Simple and pretty too. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes! :) you're welcome! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I read every single one and try my hardest to respond back to them all!! I respond by email so make sure you are able to receive replies via email!!! They make my day....really!