Friday, December 2, 2011

im bringing out my creative side....

Vintage Photo Jars I LOVE! (Wedding centerpiece or home decor)



This is such an awesome Idea that I plan on making this weekend...I want to start being more creative and artsy...I'll be posting all my creations as i go...


VintagePhotosInsideMasonJars3
This couple decided to make their own table center pieces for their wedding reception.  Plan on making some of these to go around the house
What you need:

•Quart sized mason jar with lid (70's old school jar)
•Black and white 4x6 picture trimmed to fit
•Vegetable oil
•Dried flowers (optional)
1.) Insert your picture into the mason jar and pour enough vegetable oil to cover completely.
2.) Put some dried flowers on the opposite side of the picture. I'll probably use some old flowers Mike gave me.
3.) Tighten the lid up and it's done! The vegetable oil will suspend the picture inside the jar without penetrating it, causing it to look aged and slightly transparent. A total vintage look of old yellowed pictures from the past.


Looks Beautiful and I cant wait to try it in my new home.  Original

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I read every single one and try my hardest to respond back to them all!! I respond by email so make sure you are able to receive replies via email!!! They make my day....really!