Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Oh you know, just a (non) typical Sunday morning

Just an update on how the "production" is going. I hadn't started my period yet last time I updated you so I thought I should let you in on what's going on now.

I had to take the progesterone and then wait 10 days for my period to start. I only took it for 7 and then waited 5 days for the lovely to come. So of course it started on Saturday...a day the Drs Office isn't open right! Well, fortunately our office is open 7 days a week, not 24 hours though, but still open for at least a little bit during the weekend because of IVF and all of that! How wonderful!

I got to get up at 6:30 and get ready (office is 30 minutes away) and be there by 8 so I could beat the crowd. I ended up parking in a lot I don't think I was supposed to park in because I was the only car in the lot. I was so excited, I thought that I had beaten everyone there. Umm...wrong. I got to the office and there were probably 30 people in there already. A lot of them were couples, so I'm assuming they were there for IVF, IUI or something of that sort. Everyone looked sleepy and ticked off. Fortunately as soon as I sat down, I got called back. Ultrasound 3 minutes later. They do a baseline ultrasound before day 3 of your cycle to make sure there are no cysts that would be made worse by the Clomid. No cysts here! Yippie!

Everything looked great and I was on my way out the door with a script for Clomid in my hand.

 
So now, I take 2 of these bad boys a day for 5 days. Then back for another ultrasound to check the size of my follies and then time for trigger shot. Injection. Yikes. But it's ok. I better get used to it since I'll be having to do it twice a day while I'm pregnant. If the follicles aren't ready, then we have to wait and I have to just keep going back until they are ready, then you take the shot. Then you do married people things. Then you wait. 2 weeks. you wait.....and wait. Drive a woman insane I tell ya!
 
I would really appreciate your prayers that we are one and done. One month only for this round of treatments, I pray we don't have to do 4 months again, then birth control, then, then, then.  I don't know that I could handle it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I read every single one and try my hardest to respond back to them all!! I respond by email so make sure you are able to receive replies via email!!! They make my day....really!