Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Our First Appointment=Postive and Good News

 
 
 















 
 
 
 
 
 
Heya! This might be a lengthy post!
 
Ok, so our appointment yesterday has completely changed my perspective on TTC {trying to conceive}. COMPLETELY!
 
Our Dr. and the staff are amazing. I'm in love. Literally. It's amazing. I feel 100 times better about the whole situation. Turns out I DO NOT have PCOS. He couldn't find any reason as to why I should have been diagnosed with it. AMAZING! This whole past year I have been so focused and my treatment has been so focused on treating that and trying to get pregnant with PCOS and all of that. I don't even have it.
 
Anyway...they did an exam and TONS I mean TONS of blood work. {14 tubes to be exact} He measured everything in there and said it all looks great and he has no doubt we will be pregnant with in the next couple of months.
 
I'm out this month because my cycle has already started and we would have to start right away and he wants to figure some more things out before we get in to all of that.
 
So, the plan is this...
I'm having a Sonohysterogram which uses ultrasound to look at the inside of your uterus. The images from it can help find the cause of bleeding or problems with getting pregnant. This test is Monday and can be done at the Dr.'s office.
 
Then on Tuesday, I'm having a Hysterosalpingogram which  is an X-ray test that looks at the inside of my uterus and fallopian tubes and the area around them. Dye is put through a thin tube that is put    into the uterus, the dye will flow into the fallopian tubes. Pictures are taken using X-ray as the dye passes through the uterus and fallopian tubes. The pictures can show problems such as an injury or abnormal structure of the uterus or fallopian tubes, or a blockage that would prevent an egg moving through a fallopian tube to the uterus. A blockage also could prevent sperm from moving into a fallopian tube and joining (fertilizing) an egg. It also may find problems on the inside of the uterus that prevent a fertilized egg from attaching (implanting) to the uterine wall. {source}. This will has to be done at the hospital but only takes a few minutes. Which is good. I hear its a little painful but I'll be ok.
 
Basically, this past year was a bit of a waste of time and money with all that we had to go through but it's ok. We are moving forward and not looking back. He wants to find out why I'm not staying pregnant. He doesn't think there is a problem getting pregnant it's staying pregnant that is the problem. So I had to have a ton of blood work done to figure out if my blood is or is not clotting which is causing restricted flow to my uterus and the baby. He's not sure what is going on yet but we will find out soon. They are so in depth about everything and never left me hanging about anything yesterday. I always knew what was going on and what the plan of action was. We were at the office for about 3 hours and not once did we feel like we didn't know what was going on.
 
Once he figures out what is going on with my blood he will know what medicine to put me on so that we can stop that from happening. Then I will do another round of Clomid with a trigger shot on ovulation day. Then we will do the deed on a specific day {how romantic right?} and go from there. The whole time I will be monitored and I will have tons of ultrasounds and we will make sure the baby implants and know for sure we are pregnant before I could even take a test to see.
 
I can't wait for the future. I'm so interested in everything that is going on in my body! I love it. May be a little weird but it's all so interesting to me. Maybe I should have been a Dr.?
 
That's enough for now. I will keep you all updated!
 
Here's to 2014 and the best year yet! {not just because of baby either!}
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I read every single one and try my hardest to respond back to them all!! I respond by email so make sure you are able to receive replies via email!!! They make my day....really!