Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Leave it to yourself




I have been dealing with this a lot lately. It seems like I hang on to people who drain me! I'm tired of always wondering what someone else is going think before I make a decision about something. Would this person get offended, would this person get mad, what is this person going to say, am I going to have to exlain this, how much flack am I going to get for buying this or living here...on and on! I'm tired of it...literally. It makes me tired!






I want the decisions that my husband and I make to be our decisions. It really shouldn't matter what other people think. We ask our parents for advice quite a bit, both Mike's and mine and we value their opinion greatly! Some times we take the advice sometimes we don't. Ultimately, it's our decision though. Our parents respect that and understand that. But, some people don't. We may ask you for your opinion but that doesn't mean that we're going to go with what you say....and that is ok! I wouldn't expect someone to make a decision off of what I say. If they are seriously asking my opinion then I will give it to them. I don't give my opinion usually unless it's asked for.

I'm not a fan of people who talk down to other people. I don't like when people think they are better than you or that they have the best ideas. It wears me down and makes me not want to be around them. I don't want to be like that!! {family and friends please tell me if I am} I would never want to make some one feel little because they have a different opinion about something than me.



Two people can have the same opinion or totally opposite opinion and either way is ok. {in my opinion :)} When you get married the only person's opinion that should matter is your spouses. The decisions you make are yours and your husbands and you have to live with them. Stick with that and you won't have fights about it and no one will have to choose sides!



I want to be free from this. I know it matters what others think and you don't want to take it to the extreme. You need to take care of yourself and be presentable, but when it comes to decision making, be careful who you listen to. You will be the one that has to live with the outcome, not them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I read every single one and try my hardest to respond back to them all!! I respond by email so make sure you are able to receive replies via email!!! They make my day....really!