Monday, September 24, 2012

September Birchbox Review

Well, I did it. Finally signed up for Birchbox and am in love! It's so fun to find that little box in the mailbox. I open it up like a kid at Christmas, tearning into it to find what goodies I got this time. This is my second month getting a birchbox but I didn't want to start doing posts about it until I got the second one to make sure that I wanted to stay interested.

If you haven't signed up for your Birchbox, you should! It's so fun!!

I will mention one product from last months box because I am in love with it!!

 
this is just with regular mousse
this is with Miss Jessie's.

 

 Anyways, back to this months review! I liked most everything, but there were a few things that I'm not fond of.


 
This tea for example. I don't drink tea so it's not beneficial to me. I'm sure it would be good for someone who likes tea.

 
So, this is probably my favorite thing that I got this month. It's Boscia's Oil-Free Nightly Hydration Creme. It's wonderful. I would honestly pay the full price for this stuff because it is wonderful. I didn't take any pictures of before and after because I'm not comfortable with that yet, buuuut take my word for it....it's awesome! It's comes in at $36.00 for 1.4oz.

"Twirl" by Kate Spade has a good smell to it, but just not one that I would wear every day. It smells like a lotion that my grandma used to use when I was younger. It's not like an old lady smell, but more of a lotiony feel/smell to it. I would not spend the $80.00 for a 3.4oz bottle of this!
 

Oh, the nail polish from Color Club. I love it...the only problem {which is the case with most nail polishes} is that you have to put multiple coats on in order for total coverage. It's an awesome color though.  {p.s. don't mind my awful nail painting job....I'm terrible at painting my own nails} I can't seem to find this specific color, but It's $8.00 for the full size. I don't know that I'm willing to pay that much for nail polish, but I'll enjoy this while it lasts!

Jouer Matte Moisture Tint. The name alone sounds chic doesn't it? I honestly haven't used this yet. I'm not much of a foundation person and when I do use it, it's powder. I break out VERY easy, so I'm always afraid to try something new. Maybe on the weekend.
Either way...it's $38.00 for the full size! I can't tell ya whether or not its worth it yet.

 
The Twistband I used once. It seems to work ok. I didn't wear it long enough to see if it left a bump in my straight hair or not. They claim it's not supposed to tug on hair causing a headache or leave that crease in your hair. Either way it's comfortable and fun! They are $10.00 for a set of 3.

 
 
They also sent a $25.00 gift card to Madewell. This is an awesome thing but most of their stuff is a little pricey and this is off your order of $75.00 or more. I don't think I will be using it. But it's awfully nice! If you would use it, email me {theordinarywifeblog{at}gmail{dot}com} and I'll gladly send it to you or just give you the code if you want to use it online.
 
Pretty successful Birchbox overall! I always love getting stuff so anything is good to me! And all of this for just $10.00. Perfect!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I read every single one and try my hardest to respond back to them all!! I respond by email so make sure you are able to receive replies via email!!! They make my day....really!